Hello folks, So you have decided to start a blog ? So the first step is choosing the perfect web hosting for it. In this i would recommend Bluehost It is officially mentioned hosting company for WordPress. In this post, we will discuss on how to setup WordPress on Bluehost. So lets get startedon tutorial for bluehost wordpress setup.
STEP BY STEP GUIDE ON BLUEHOST WORDPRESS SETUP
- First of all Go to Bluehost.
- You will see the above screen. Hit GET STARTED NOW button.
You will then see a plans available. There are 3 plans for shared hosting in Bluehost. If you are a newbie , you can select from 1st or 2nd i.e Basic or Plus. If you are planning of starting only one website you can select basic. but if your plan is to make more than 1 website you can select 2nd Plan. All plans give you a FREE DOMAIN name.
- Now you will have to choose your domain name or you can choose the existing domain. If you don’t take your free domain now you can get it later. You will see the following screen from which you can select your domain name.
- After selecting the domain name you will be asked to enter your details and your account information as well your payment details.
Now, in the package information section. You will see 3 options Site backup, search engine jumpstart and sitebackup. I would suggest you to unmark those as you really don’t need them.
If you have chosen the free domain, then you will see one more option over here. DOMAIN WHOIS PRIVACY. you can select it if you want, it will hide your data from whois database.
After filling all the information, just click on SUBMIT button and you will get a confirmation email and you will be all set to install wordpress in your bluehost hosting account. So llets go on to the next steps on bluehost wordpress setup and finally install wordpress in your website.
So, Now you need to login to your bluehost account.
After you login to your account, you will see following Bluehost Dashboard
- Click INSTALL WORDPRESS button write below the Website builder tab.
- If you want to install new WordPress then click on START button else if you have already installed WordPress in one of your website and want to import it then you can use IMPORT button.
- In the next page, you will be asked to enter some details such as Site name, admin username, admin password, admin email address etc.
- Enter all the details and click INSTALL NOW.
- You can see now WordPress is being install in your website. Once the intallation is complete you can login to your WordPress website by going to www.yourdomain.com/wp-admin After going into this link. You can will now see the login screen of your WordPress as below.
- You can simply enter your username and password and select remember me if you want and just click on Log in button and you will see your WordPress dashboard from where you will be able to manage your WordPress website.