The first thing that comes to mind after hearing the word Android is Google’s OS for the smartphone. Right? Here are some android facts that you didn’t know.
Recommended Post : Use your HandWriting as Android Font
Interesting Android Facts
What if I told you, It’s neither made by Google nor it was made for smartphones.
- Android was bought by Google in 2005, and it didn’t create it. It was first created by Andy Rubin, Rich Miner, Nick Sears, and Chris White. Android was mainly created for Digital Camera’s and not for smartphones.
- HTC Dream or T-Mobile G1, it was the first commercially released device which was running on Android. It was launched in 2008
- Just like bitcoin, Android was also not given that much importance at first. Nokia told “We don’t see this as a threat” and Samsung also had the opportunity to buy Android but passed it by saying they didn’t see any potential in it. Now both of these company are using Android devices. Also In late 2008, many critics in the world thought Android would fail miserably. The thing to learn from this is Never giving up.
- The first Android phone didn’t had Audio Jack, it needed an adapter. And you guys think Apple copies Android..?
- WTF. This word has its own meaning in our world. But According to Android logging system, it was a called wtf() full form of which was “What a Terrible Failure”.
- This is the most common thing but, Android version are named alphabetically and except for first 2. All are named after sweet. Here is the list of Android
|Code name||Version number||Initial release date||API level||Security patches|
|(No codename)||1.0||September 23, 2008||1||Unsupported|
|(Internally known as “Petit Four”)||1.1||February 9, 2009||2||Unsupported|
|Cupcake||1.5||April 27, 2009||3||Unsupported|
|Donut||1.6||September 15, 2009||4||Unsupported|
|Eclair||2.0 – 2.1||October 26, 2009||5 – 7||Unsupported|
|Froyo||2.2 – 2.2.3||May 20, 2010||8||Unsupported|
|Gingerbread||2.3 – 2.3.7||December 6, 2010||9 – 10||Unsupported|
|Honeycomb||3.0 – 3.2.6||February 22, 2011||11 – 13||Unsupported|
|Ice Cream Sandwich||4.0 – 4.0.4||October 18, 2011||14 – 15||Unsupported|
|Jelly Bean||4.1 – 4.3.1||July 9, 2012||16 – 18||Unsupported|
|KitKat||4.4 – 4.4.4||October 31, 2013||19 – 20||Unsupported|
|Lollipop||5.0 – 5.1.1||November 12, 2014||21 – 22||Supported|
|Marshmallow||6.0 – 6.0.1||October 5, 2015||23||Supported|
|Nougat||7.0 – 7.1.2||August 22, 2016||24 – 25||Supported|
|Oreo||8.0 – 8.1||August 21, 2017||26 – 27||Supported|
Source : AndroidCheifs